Thursday, July 13, 2006

Still Alive in Viet Nam!

by Tom Hutchings
14 July 2006

Ho Chi Minh City - It's been awhile since my last blog. I hesitate to write that it's been about 2 months, and for that I am regretful. It's been a very hectic period of time. Some of my previous blogs have been very cutting towards the Bush administration, given everything they have been doing in many areas, mainly in privacy and constitutional issues. Some of my blogs have been more relaxed after visiting coffee shops along the Saigon River with friends. I still have to write, the last two months have been busy.

The University of Technical Education,where I teach, increased the class load and the need to create a new curriculum was necessary. Many things in education here are done at the last minute (or in the week before a new term begins). At the same time, I was putting the polishing touches on my manuscript of the recently completed "Tears of Tay Ninh" as I needed to get a finalized copy to a publisher that has expressed interest. That alone, took many hours.

I took some time travelling in Viet Nam, as well. My next blog, hopefully in the next few days, will give a perspective of everyday Vietnamese life in the rural villages and smaller towns of the Central Highlands. I'll put up photos along with the story. Spending time "on the road" with the Vietnamese and riding the same busses with the livestock, bicycles, bags of avocadoes and luggage and experiencing the weaving in and out of traffic, funerals and dodging oxcarts was literally a trip.

Until the next week, peace to all. That's a difficult thing to say with the world situation flaring up, but the wish remains the same. Peace to all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home